Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Great lighting competition!



Lighting is one of the most important yet overlooked elements of room design. Many people spend a fortune decorating their homes only to put little or no thought into the lighting. Lighting is especially important in children's rooms, which need to serve many purposes. You need some bright overhead task lighting (preferably on a dimmer) and a bedside lamp for nightime story telling and middle of the light visits. You might also need a nightlight for younger children and a desk light for older children. Think about the lighting in your child's bedroom- could it do with a re-vamp? Our friends at buysterlighting.com.au are offering a $90 voucher to be used in their online store to one of our followers. All you have to do is visit their site, find your favourite light or lamp, and leave a comment here telling us which one you like and where you'd use (you can let your imagination run wild here- you don't have to stick to it if you win!) Don't forget to leave your email address on your comment. This competition is only open to Australian residents and you need to register as a follower of our site to be eligible. Buysterlighting will contact the winner directly and organise redemption of the prize. One entry per person, please! A winner will be drawn at random on Monday November 16th. Good luck everyone!

5 comments:

  1. i love ur blog and love love love the cowboy room at the bottome...I did my sons room in vintage cowboy :)

    If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
    I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
    Xo
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be added to the blogs you love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Carmen!

    I can't believe that noone has entered yet!! Well, let me be the first.

    I love Chandeliers and Buyster Lighting has a great range, but one of my favourites is Crompton Lighting's brushed chrome with beaded ball shade.

    My front hall desperately needs livening up and this would make my entrance stunning.

    Email is: hampers@hamperific.com.au

    Thanks for the opportunity to enter!
    Best wishes,
    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kirsty- the way things are going I think you're front hall will be looking good!Of course there may be a rush of entries between now and Monday...

    Priscilla, I love your blog- it's gorgeous! I've entered it in my Gorgeous Blogs section and would recommend it to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The winner of the lighting competition is Kirsty from Hamperific! Kirsty I have emailed you directly. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete